I recently attended a fun event at the Social Table in Chicago put on by our very own Chicagonista, MJ Tam and California Strawberries. As anyone in Chicago knows our Spring has been all over the place, so what a treat it was to bring in a taste of sunshine with like hearted friends.
Here are a few fun facts you may not know –
- Strawberry is a member of rose family – (See photo of my attempt to artful create a rose 🌹out of strawberry 🍓 – My knife skills need work!)
- They are the first fruit that ripen in the spring season.
- Strawberries contain more vitamin C than oranges.
- There are about 200 seeds on an average strawberry.
- California produces 75 percent of strawberry crops in the U.S.
So do you have a go to Strawberry recipe? If so you should enter the #getsnacking challenge. So many inspiring and tasty ideas to try. Share your original strawberry snack ideas for a chance to win monthly prizes and/or a grand prize of $1,000! April 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019